How Minimalism Can Quickly Improve Happiness, Focus, and Wealth

“We buy stuff we don’t need, with money we don’t have, to impress people we don’t like. The things you own end up owning you.” (Tweet This) The quote is hardcore, but the actual practice of minimalism can have a profound effect on your state of mind, career, personal time, and much more. Let’s go through the philosophy of minimalism, and exactly why it can improve happiness.

MINIMALISM IS NOT JUST MAKING SPACE IN YOUR HOME. IT’S MAKING SPACE IN YOUR HEAD.

Minimalism is nothing more that stripping away the unnecessary until you reach the essential. Our live are absolutely drowning in the unessential, and we can’t keep up. Our brains were really only developed to pick berries, find a mate, and stay safe: and we are only joking a little bit. Break down the most-travelled paths in life and you’ll find all of the above in different forms.

In modern society, it’s like we’re flooring the gas pedal on our brains 24/7. The tires are bald, the engine is smoking, and we wonder why we feel exhausted and unfulfilled all the time. Minimalism can help, but you need to be proactive.

YOU CAN PRACTICE MINIMALISM IN ALL AREAS OF YOUR LIFE.

Our personal world is broken into three pillars: your mind, body, and life. Inside each of those contain areas that are ripe for improvement with minimalism. Everything from your finances to your kitchen utensils can be stripped down to what is necessary and nothing more. And when you only have to focus on what is necessary, it’s much easier for the most important things get special attention.

You will make much faster progress in your fitness program by primarily working on improving just three key metrics and exercises. You’ll get out the door effortlessly each morning if you have a bag that is always packed, a few outfits to choose from, and your breakfast and lunch pre-made. When you only use a few dishes each day, you’ll never have a full dirty sink. Your work and mental game will grow exponentially by plugging away at learning one skill and accomplishing one goal, every single day.

AFTER YOU MAKE THE MINIMALISM SWITCH, EVERYTHING BECOMES A BREEZE.

Have you ever had to move to another home or apartment? What a stressful feeling as stuff just keeps piling up from your closet, drawers, and boxes. Imagine knowing where you’ve placed every single item you own, how much shampoo you have left, what’s on your calendar for the next few weeks, and that everything can fit into your car.

Now of course, minimalism is not for everyone. Sometimes, the concept comes under fire for being only for the middle to upper class. You don’t need to keep a junk drawer when you can just drive to Target and pick up whatever you are missing. It works best for the single individual, but even couples with children who pursue this lifestyle see unbelievable benefits.

MOVING FORWARD

After adopting the minimal philosophy, you’ll begin to find it much easier to pursue new hobbies, save money, and just stay present in the moment. You’ll start spending more on experiences, not things. Soon, you’ll feel a little guilty when your friends are complaining about their money seeming disappearing each month, a trashed house that can’t stay clean, or never being able to stick to a goal. Then, they’ll make fun of you for living out of a backpack while you kick back and relax. Just send them here, maybe we’ll get another convert.

So, how do you get started? We’ve built the perfect mission for you: The Purge. No, all crime is NOT legal for 24 hours. Instead, we have a recommended template that can completely transform your life within a single weekend. No area of your life will remain untouched, and it’s surprisingly easy once you get moving. If you want a happier, healthier, and more productive lifestyle, complete the mission.

WANT A FREE PRODUCTIVITY JOURNAL?

13 Comments

1. Eli Hedstrom

One of my favorite subjects. I have a hard time keeping up with certain life styles, but minimalism I love and keep up with. There is a cool podcast called the minimalists if anyone wants more info or different points of view on this subject.

2. Peter F

I second the minimalist podcast. They get repetitive but it helps to have the regular reinforcement.

• Jordan At Conquer Today

Laughing at the thought of a minimalism prodcast that has too many repetitive episodes, haha.

• Peter F

Well I guess they are being minimal with their material. For other fun they have a film called Minimalism: A Documentary about the Important Things. It is a bit of a gateway drug. Leads to all sorts of other interesting minimalist ideas. View with caution.

3. Melyssa Stone

We lost our 3br house in August and had to downsize about 90% of our possessions. Now we are in a studio apartment and even the 10% left is too much. Looking forward to less is more!

• Jordan At Conquer Today

Sorry to hear that, but proud of ya for taking action and improving your lifestyle anyway. You’ll probably dig The Purge mission we are finalizing up now.

4. I recently went trough all of my stuff and looked at each single item to decide whether it should go or not.

This is how I handled and sorted trough all of the items. It may seem like a drag but the feeling om comfort and pure calmness I received once I was complete are worth every second.
    I asked Yes or No questions combined with a workflow. If I answered yes to a question it would go into the designated box for that question. If I answered no, I’d move on to the next question.

1. Do I need this? (Keep box)
    2. Unsure about the need or want? (Unsure box)
    3. Can I sell it, does it have high value (Selling box)
    4. Can I make a friend happy with it? (eg. a book) (Friends box)
    5. Can I donate this to a good cause or people in need? (Donation box)

If I answered no to all questions it would end up in the garbage pile. Here is my workflow visualized (http://imgur.com/YqCxleS)

5. Brian Gunter

Recently helped my parents downsize from their home of fifty years to an assisted living community. After seeing the sheer volume of things they accumulated I am vigorously exploring minimalism and the idea of buying quality versus quantity.

• Jordan At Conquer Today

Great choice. One time I couldn’t sleep at my folks home until I cleaned & minimalized the entire basement. There’s medication for that.

6. Nic Vermillion

I didn’t think I had that much stuff to begin with but lovin’ the new found free space and lighter feeling.

7. James Keogh

I definitely need to work on this, as I’m sort of a pack rat. I have ‘purged’ my bedroom a couple times this year, but after reading this article, I have a lot more work to do.

• Jordan At Conquer Today

James, here to give you some support. Good luck on this! I personally just went through another purge, good to do it monthly. Besides furniture and decor, I have 2 tubs and 5 shoeboxes that fits everything I have.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR SPARTAN MONK ROUTINE?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails to upgrade your day. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email to confirm.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR NOTES TEMPLATE?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails with more life upgrades. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR MAINTENANCE ROUTINE?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails with more body upgrades. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR GOOGLE DRIVE TEMPLATES?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails with more life upgrades. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email to access your templates.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR SPARTAN MONK ROUTINE?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails with more life upgrades. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email to confirm.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR NEUROLIFTS WORKOUT ROUTINES?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails with more mind upgrades. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email and download the PDF.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR NEUROLIFTS WORKOUT ROUTINES?

Thanks! Check your email and download the PDF.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR NEUROLIFTS WORKOUT ROUTINES?

Thanks! Check your email and download the PDF.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR MAINTENANCE ROUTINE?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails with more body upgrades. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR RESOURCES SHEET?

Thanks! Check your email and download the sheet.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR FUEL GRID?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails with more body upgrades. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email for your download.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR RESET WORKSHEET?

Thanks! Check your email for your download.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR SUSTAIN ROUTINES?

Thanks! Check your email for your download.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR GOOGLE DRIVE TEMPLATES?

Thanks! Check your email to access your templates.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR SKILL TREE TEMPLATE?

Thanks! Check your email in a few minutes for your equipment.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR EQUIPMENT?

You will also receive free Conquer Cast emails with more mind upgrades. Drop out anytime.

Thanks! Check your email in a few minutes for your equipment.

WHERE SHOULD WE SEND YOUR EQUIPMENT?

Thanks! Check your email in a few minutes for your equipment.

Upgrade yourself and change the world with us: new intel lessons, equipment downloads, and more.

Welcome to the tribe.

Upgrade yourself and change the world with us: New intel lessons, equipment downloads, and more.

Welcome to the tribe.